At a loss for words

I love words. I love the fact that every single word has its very own meaning. Sometimes a word can even mean more than one thing! How cool (and confusing) is that?! So great is my fascination for words that I’m actually rather sad because my dictionary has gone missing. I know there are online dictionaries, but I found it very gratifying to look words up in my big, red, International Webster’s Concise Dictionary of the English Language which has somehow disappeared from my possession. I have two suspects. Margrethe and Elin: if you’re reading this, I hope you will search your souls—and your bookshelves….


5 Comments:
I can't imagine you being lost for words (or lost in words). Sounds like your kitchen kit is doing the dictionary job perfectly fine to me...:)
I am so sorry the dictionary has gone missing. But. (feel I have to defend myself here..) I truly believe that I do not have it!! (I'll check my boxes in Bergen as soon as I can..:)
Hello my sweet thing..
I have my own dictionary, just like the one you describes, but it was a gift from my uncle and his family a long time ago..
So, I'm sorry to say, that I can't help you find the words you're missing!!!! AND... I have yet to experience you, my friend, without enough words.. :-)
hmmm...you got the exact same dictionary as a "gift" you say? What a coincidence. ;)
miss you girls!
Love your poetry! i saw it all in my head...
you should really write a book...i woud definitly by it! you`ve got something special girl!
Never settle for average; you`re meant for extraordinary!
kathrine i
hei anneieb! såg igjennom bloggen min, og der var det ein kommentar, -frå deg! (fekk nesten sjokk, trudde ikkje nokon visste om an ein gong.)
var innom bilda dine og dei var skikkelig bra! men eg har ikkje sett mykje av det du lagar.
her er linken til flickr sida mi: www.flickr.com/photos/boogiebear
Post a Comment
<< Home