Monday, April 03, 2006

Missing the point




Mischief led to misbehavior
Misbehavior led to misconduct
Misconduct led to a mistake

A mistake led to misinterpretation
Misinterpretation led to misunderstanding
Misunderstanding led to misconception

Misconception led to misread signals
Misread signals led to misguided feelings
Misguided feelings led to a misplaced heart
The misplaced heart led to misery

And misery led to more misery, as misery tends to do.
Misery loves company, and I… I guess I just miss you.


©abge

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... a lot of grandiose thoughts and analyses, all boiling down to something as fundamental and basic as simple, human emotion. I like it. But I'm potentially sorry for my academic approach to this comment. Hope it's ok-- it's who I am at the moment.

And I miss YOU, cuz I don't see you so much anymore. But right now I'm sitting at YOUR desk. Haha.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, this chameleon is pretty tired herself...

And you've always been an academic (over) achiever, it's part of who you are--and I love you just the way you are (do you hear Billy Joel singing in the background?) ;)

Enjoy my desk. Don't make a mess. I know where you live.
Let's hang out soon.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Veracity said...

Wow, well written! Misery loves company...

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

simon says: UPDATE ME!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home