Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Benched in Krakow



Benched
Sports. To keep out of or remove from a game

I recently sat on a bench by the Wisla river in Krakow, dangling my feet while eating a pretzel (thinking that was a Polish thing to do).

Spring was in the air. Mothers wearing maternal glows strolled by with their baby carriages. Couples in love walked hand in hand along the path. Health enthusiasts jogged by and an old woman was walked by her dog—or was it the other way around? I sat benched. I was only an observer, taken out of the game. Sitting on the sidelines I watched lives pass me by. But as I sat there, I was suddenly filled with an enormous sense of peace. I knew then that I was not alone. I heard a quiet voice say that everything’s going to be alright. And you know what? I believe it. Everything is going to be ok.

Perhaps being benched from time to time isn’t such a bad thing. You can learn a lot while you sit, watch and wait—and listen.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vakkert, rett og slett. (Beautiful)
Good to know:)

11:59 PM  
Blogger Veracity said...

Everything is gonna be ALRIGHT!!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Elin said...

jeg er enig med deg vennen.. Alt vil bli helt topp...

11:09 AM  
Blogger roberry said...

Hey girl! Love your blog. It's beautiful (just like you hehe =). Your photos are great too. Sooo artistic. Hope you made it home safe and sound and got your business class seat... or at least an isle one!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Elin said...

HHAALLOOOOO har du tenkt å oppdatere bloggen din noen gang snart eller??!?!?!?!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beeing benched in Krakow is always good!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home