Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A different point of view




I can see clearly now the rain is gone. Yep, after 86 days it has finally stopped raining. I don't know why Noah made such a big deal about 40 days! (Ok, it might have been 40 days and 40 nights--but still!) It's like a veil has been lifted and I'm finally able to see the beauty that was there all along. When you think about it, the sky is always blue. It's just that clouds so often get in the way.

Far too often things get in the way. Thoughts, emotions, problems, people--the list goes on and on. Distractions take up so much time! I wonder how much time I've wasted on distractions throughout my life. Sometimes I wish I was a horse and could wear blinders to help me stay focused. (But then again, do I really want a horse's ass? Whoa there horsey! There I go getting sidetracked again! I swear I have the concentration span of a mouse!)Where was I? Oh yes. Distractions.

Distractions can make us blind. It's like the saying: "I can't see the forest because there are too many trees." How often haven't good things stared me right in the face, but I've been too busy looking at my "circumstances"! But the wonderful thing is that good things sometimes actually slap you in the face and give you the wake up call you so desperately need.

Isn't it time we all just wake up and smell the coffee? Life is good regardless of the weather. God is good come rain or shine. I changed my mind. I don't want to wear blinders.(I never really meant the part about wishing to be a horse...) I want to look all around me and see life for what it really is; beautiful. I just need to look at things from the correct angle and get the right perspective. I need to see things from a different point of view--God's point of view.

3 Comments:

Blogger Margrethe said...

What is this??? Something is happening on your blog..hurray.. That is just fabulous.. Great post by the way! (the glass is half full, right?)

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....and shes back...

8:33 PM  
Blogger Elin said...

æ elske at du endelig e tilbake no snuppa.. Give us all the juicy stuff now ok? hihi.. love ya babe..

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home