Thursday, February 02, 2006

Half as wise...

I had two wisdom teeth pulled today. "Piece of cake" they said. (They being the dentists)
I was to remove two teeth today--one on the top and one on the bottom of the left side of my mouth. "We'll have the top one out in ten seconds." Ten seconds turned into ten minutes. They pulled and pulled until the tooth finally loosened. It turned out my tooth had three ' fish hooks' making the journey out a bit painful to say the least.
THEN comes the best part. Upon removing my other tooth---the tooth breaks leaving part of the root still in my jaw/gum--or whatever. Suddenly I hear the dentist guy asking for a scalpel, suction and a drill. WHAT?! This wasn’t supposed to happen. I want my piece of cake!!! I'm lying there with my mouth open unable to say anything, and yet they keep asking me if I’m ok. Couldn’t they see the fear in my eyes?! I've never been particularly fond of going to the dentist, and now the reason why suddenly becomes very clear to me. To make a long story short (for yes--an hour and a half can seem a lifetime) I ended up having oral surgery (however small) and had to sew three stitches. And to think I get to do it all again when I remove my other two in a month’s time. Oh the joys of oral hygiene.

So how was your day?

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! Good thing they gave you hardcore pain killers, which I hear you eat like candy. Well this confirms my suspicion that dentists are evil!!!

Muahahahaha........

10:46 PM  
Blogger funky_uncle said...

My day was better. In the past though, I've had to pull ten teeth just to make room for the rest, since I grew a double set of teeth for some reason. And that's not including wisdom/rotten teeth (I know, I'm a freak of nature - I've got a double uvula too, I kid you not).

Anyway, stuff like this deserves a codeine bliss if you ask me. Ask for two. :P

11:27 PM  
Blogger AnnieB said...

Vera--I do not eat it like candy. I'm simply following the doctor's orders--being the good girl that I am.:)

Funky--Pulling ten teeth is definately worse than pulling two. Oh, and I think I'll stick to Ibroprofen...:)

8:59 AM  
Blogger funky_uncle said...

Aw, you're a brave girl. Go you!

11:22 AM  
Blogger AnnieB said...

Thanks. :) I'm actually working on being brave. I've been chicken far too long. It's time I woke up and smelled the coffe and took responsability for my own life. Life's too short to sit around being afraid of making mistakes...

5:11 PM  
Blogger funky_uncle said...

I thought I was the only one. Perhaps we can coorperate.

9:39 PM  
Blogger AnnieB said...

Sure we can cooperate. What if you take responsibility for my life one week, and I'll take responsibility for your life the next. Do you want to make the coffee or should I ? :)

10:59 PM  
Blogger funky_uncle said...

I'll do the waffles...
BTW, you wouldn't have time for much else than making coffee, it takes about 2 litres a day to keep me a happy man.

8:52 AM  
Blogger AnnieB said...

Two litres you say?! On the week that I'd be responsible for your life, I'd have you on decaf...
And just for the record, I don't take all day to make two pots of coffee. Haven't you heard of a thermos?:P

11:39 AM  
Blogger David said...

i HATE dentists. that is why i always have a bad breath.

1:13 PM  
Blogger AnnieB said...

Well then, if I ever happen to run into you, I'll make sure to keep a safe distance.:)

1:43 PM  
Blogger funky_uncle said...

Come to think of it, my dentist also often says "piece of cake", and sometimes he says, "oh, and here's a piece of last week's beef" and "I don't know what the hell this is..."

About the decaf, having me "on decaf" makes as much sense as running a car on grape soda.

7:36 PM  
Blogger AnnieB said...

Aw, come on--it could be fun to see how you'd be all decaffienated.

I was wondering if you could take responsibility for my life this week because I have this 10 page paper to write. I'd really appriciate it. And I like my waffels with sour cream and strawberry jam (preferably homemade)Oh, and I'm actually more of a tea person than coffee--unless it's with chocolate. (But you can't really say wake up and smell the tea...)

10:25 PM  
Blogger funky_uncle said...

I will commit crime for caffeine. But yeah, decaf could be... interesting.

Yes, let's switch lives. I'm broke this week. I'll bring my mum's homemade jam from homegrown strawberries.

And thank you for spelling coffee properly. It's a rare trait these days.

11:12 PM  
Blogger AnnieB said...

On second thought, I don't know if I want to switch lives with a broke, petty crime committing (I'm assuming you'd draw the line at petty crime) caffeine addict.... but I’ll take the jam. ;)

How else would you spell coffee? But you’re welcome. I make an effort to spell words correctly.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great comments and insights..By the way, are you looking for more information on Raleigh Cosmetic Dentist ..If so here is a fantastic resource for everything related to biking and Raleigh Cosmetic Dentist with information, products, articles and more..Check it out here...http://www.sanford-dds.com

4:39 AM  
Blogger AnnieB said...

I usually don't allow advertisement on my blog---but I'll let this one pass... :)

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home