A storm is brewing

A storm is brewing, but it’s not out at sea
A storm is brewing deep inside of me
A place so deep and so hidden away
I had forgotten about it until today
I thought that I was all figured out
I thought I knew what I was all about
I thought I knew every crevice and crack
I’m painfully aware of all that I lack
The storm is drawing near; I feel the wind in my hair
For so long I’ve pretended that I don’t care
But the truth is I do- but that hurts to admit
My stomach is knotting and I feel like I’ve been hit
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.
The storm is reaching boiling point
Still waters run deep
Secrets are hard to keep
They say ignorance is bliss
I’d betray it with a kiss
To keep from feeling this
Some storms blow over with minimal damage
I don’t know how much pain I can manage
For pain must be dealt with and looked in the eye
But pain has a tendency to make me cry
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.
The storm is reaching the surface
Still waters run deep
Secrets are hard to keep
They say ignorance is bliss
I’d betray it with a kiss
To keep from feeling this
There once was a man who calmed the sea
Maybe He can calm the storm inside of me
Or at least teach me to walk on water…
©abge


6 Comments:
Splendid.
I love that word.
Splendid is a wonderful word. Did you know that it can be used in about five (slightly)different ways? I love looking up words :)
I hope you don't feel as green as you look.
Not anymore. I figured I looked like I'd eaten plutonium. I need a better image editor.
Photoshop works wonders for me, but it is a little pricey. I think you can download a free trial version of it for 30 days…
Beautiful! Like music in my ears. (Går det an å si det? Engelsken min mangler nok litt på å være perfekt)
Thank you Grete--and yes, you can say that something is like music to your ears. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home