Where will my shoes take me tomorrow?

Where will my shoes take me tomorrow?
Where will I walk and where will I go?
Where will my shoes take me tomorrow?
Which way will the wind blow?
Will I run and not grow weary?
Will I finish the race?
Will I reach the goal set before me?
Or will I fall flat on my face?
Will I soar on the wind like an eagle?
Will I dance by the light of the moon?
Will I scream at the storm like a seagull?
Or will my heart sing a different tune?
Where will my shoes take me tomorrow?
I don't know but I won’t be alone.
Where will my shoes take me tomorrow?
All I know is which direction to go.
I will run and not grow weary.
I will finish the race.
I will reach the goal set before me.
And I will fall flat on my face.
But I'll get up again, by God’s grace.


7 Comments:
anne britt:
utrolig fint dikt.
setter ting i perspektiv..
godt at vi aldri er alene og altid kan lene oss på Ham.
This reminds me, like a lot of things these days, of Bob Dylan.
"I've seen the morning light
and it ain't because
I'm an early riser
I just didn't go to sleep last night."
I hope I'll get to hear you sing these lyrics one day.
Your lyrics, that is, not Dylans.
Well, as of right now they are just lyrics...but I'm working on a melody. I'll let you know when I start touring with my band. Just need to get one first... :)
So you haven't got a band. Well, at least you've got your favourite cousin and pianist ready to help you at any time. Don't you ever forget. Ever....
Melodi ja. Kva med songen på nr. 70 i Schibbolteh. Det hadde nok far din likt...
Well hello there favorite cousin!! You will always be my first choice to play the piano (that is if Tord Gustaven and both the guys in Beat for Beat say no...) :)
I look forward to jammin' with you at Christmas!
PS. About the "ready to help you at any time bit"--I may just hold you to that. Good thing Norwegian has cheap flights...
Post a Comment
<< Home