Friday, December 02, 2005

unpause me

Could somebody unpause me
Could somebody push play
I feel like I’ve stopped and I don’t want to stay
Take me out of this darkness, draw me into the light
I am ready to move on, I am ready to fight

No one said it would be easy, it’s a long and bumpy ride
But what have I to fear, when you are on my side
You take me into the desert just to quench my thirsty soul
You remind me of my future, and I press onwards towards the goal

I don’t want you to fast forward, and I don’t want you to rewind
I want to live every moment, your words constant on my mind
I want to walk in the garden, your voice to whisper in my ear
I want to be right by your side, my life surrendered to your care

Who can I go to?
There is nothing left for me to do but to trust you

I don’t want you to fast forward, and I don’t want you to rewind
Just push play


©abge

5 Comments:

Blogger funky_uncle said...

Leonard Cohen says

How come you called me here tonight?
How come you bother
With my heart at all?
You raise me up in grace,
Then you put me in a place,
Where I must fall.

12:13 AM  
Blogger AnnieB said...

You should get an award for being my blog's most faithful commenter...

I'm not a huge Leonard Cohen fan, but he does have a way with words. And so do you. Maybe you should consider being a full-time writer?

12:45 AM  
Blogger funky_uncle said...

Thank you,
and maybe I should. Words are all I have.

With all my spare time and all, I guess I'm already a full-time writer of sorts. I write stuff and people read it, so technically I'm a writer. Nobody pays me though.

I'm a faithful commenter because I tend to stick with the far too few good blogs I happen to find in my search for intelligent life on the Web.

You look good by the way, and I hope you feel as good, and I don't mean that as a personal ad, I'm just partially drunk tonight.

2:48 AM  
Blogger funky_uncle said...

That could be misunderstood.
I don't think you look good because I'm drunk :)

3:26 AM  
Blogger AnnieB said...

message received without misunderstanding. and thank you.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home