morning has broken

Morning has broken and boy did it break
It shattered my dream as it forced me awake
Oh how I loathe the sound of that beeping
that harshly--in cold blood--murdered my sleeping
and left me for dead
when I fell out of bed
and bumped my head
on the words that you said
in my dream
Was it all just a scheme
to get me to waken
Or was I mistaken
But what does it matter
All dreams can shatter
But this dream was better than all dreams before
I tried to recall it from down on the floor
I called for assistance
They came from a distance
But all the king’s horses and all the king’s men
couldn’t put my dream together again


4 Comments:
I know how it feels... ;-)
Wow.
You're reaching new heights, and I'm saying this as a Dylan/Poe/Cohen fan, so you'd better feel smug.
rise and shine sunshine!
I feel as smug as a bug in a rug :)
Post a Comment
<< Home