Sunday, December 18, 2005

Here we come a-caroling




My flatmates and I went Christmas caroling in our neighborhood tonight. We decided we wanted to meet our neighbors, so we baked some cookies and went door to door to wish our neighbors merry Christmas. It was really exciting! We rang the doorbells and waited in anticipation for the doors to open. Christmas caroling is not really a tradition in Norway, so I think our neighbors were a bit surprised. (one lady thought we were raising money for a charity)

I've lived in the same apartment for three years now--and today was the first time that I met some of my neighbors!! So the moral of the story is---bake some cookies (optional--but they make great gifts!), ring some doorbells, sing some Christmas carols and make new friends. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger funky_uncle said...

I did a round on the block with my electric guitar and a KISS costume. It wasn't appreciated.

10:47 AM  
Blogger AnnieB said...

Hmm...sounds like you've REALLY captured that Christmas spirit :)

6:40 PM  
Blogger funky_uncle said...

Yeah, but I guess I overdid it a little with that whole "trick or treat" thing. Then I remembered tricking and treating is for Easter, not Christmas. Oh well.

12:34 AM  
Blogger AnnieB said...

We all get confused sometimes. It's not easy keeping all the holidays straight. Just remember the easter egg hunt at New Years. But most importantly, don't forget the fireworks tomorrow when we celebrate the turning of the sun!! I don't understand why I have to go to work tomorrow--it should be a holiday...

8:43 AM  
Blogger funky_uncle said...

So, merry... uh, sun-turn. Or happy... turnabout. Merry sun...day?

Oh what the hell. Happy holidays!

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home