Indian Summer

Well, I suppose I have to wake up and smell the coffee. Although we have experienced some mild weather recently, the summer is definitely over. I like to look up words in the dictionary to find out their exact meaning (http://www.dicitionary.com/ comes in very handy when you’re online) and Indian summer has two:
1. A period of mild weather occurring in late autumn.
2. A pleasant, tranquil, or flourishing period occurring near the end of something
This reminds me of a haiku poem I wrote a few years back. If I remember correctly, we didn't have a real summer that year either. (For those of you who don't live in Norway and don't know what I'm talking about: you are not guaranteed a summer season with warm, sunny weather if you live on the west coast of Norway.)
This reminds me of a haiku poem I wrote a few years back. If I remember correctly, we didn't have a real summer that year either. (For those of you who don't live in Norway and don't know what I'm talking about: you are not guaranteed a summer season with warm, sunny weather if you live on the west coast of Norway.)
summer came and went
without really being here
some things never stay


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home